31 Days of Summer - The Blog

Hello people!
You're probably wondering what this is about. Well, the truth is that a while ago I read this article where Zooey Deschanel told of her list of things that she was planning to do in the summer. During those dark months of winter here in the northern hemisphere where I happen to be located, I begun to think about what she had done and decided to make such a list of my own. It sort of works like Earl (from My Name is Earl ) who is making nice things for people whom he's mistreated, except I thought that since I've been mean enough to put myself through 3 years of IB, I would do nice things for me that I like to do.

So without further ado, I present to you the list, inspired by Ms Deschanel 
  1.  Have a picnic in a field - I have a field close to the street I live on, so why not use that? 
  2. Lay in earlier mentioned field and listen to music - I love music, and on a warm day, that can get really nice. I will need a new playlist for that, which brings me to nr...
  3. Make a summer playlist - If it wasn't obvious to you or you want to be sure, the playlist will be used for nr.2 of this list.
  4. Bike to a village a few km away - there is a small village a few km away from my city so why not bike there? Biking is lovely =)
  5. Stand in the rain/alt. have water-fight with sister - She doesn't know she's possibly volunteering for this but still. The point of this activity is to get soaking wet!
  6. Get my driver's license - Not that I will use it much, but if I do get it, guess who will be the un-volunteered driver this summer?
  7. Make breakfast for mom and sister - I can be nice to them without an ulterior motive, can't I?
  8. Be responsible for dinner for a week - I've already started this and it won't be a week in a row because I have to go away for a night, but still. Plus, it's a great way to try out some new recipes. 
  9. Roll down a hill - Preferably Åsbo, which is a huge hill, and it shall be awesome! 
  10. Read 6 books I want to read - When I don't have IB bossing me around and telling me what I am going to read, I'll read books I actually enjoy (Some of the books I read were good, but were not my choice). Perhaps I'll do this in the field while listening to my summer playlist ;)
  11. Watch 5 movies I haven't seen before - I need culture! 
  12. Write Fanfics, do Fanart and make Fanvid - To regain my creative side *cough, cough* not that it ever was completely gone, but I’ve been on a low lately.
  13. Sleep really late - I think I deserve it after my exams.
  14. Wear summery dresses – I like dresses.
  15. Make a list of things to bring to Australia – I prefer to be prepared.
  16. Eat lots of fruit – I love fruit. Better than candy. I’m not just saying that, I actually think so.
  17. Dry apples and make apple crisps – I’ve wanted to do this for years. 
  18. Plant a tree – I find helping the planet to be quite fulfilling. Not quite sure I can do this one though. Maybe it will have to be a bush instead…
  19. Do cartwheels – I want to be a kid again, and as a kid I used to love doing cartwheels.
  20. Buy CD(s) – Dayplayer, She and Him Volume 1&2, Paramore. I’ll buy at least one.
  21. Visit my aunt – I want to spend some time with her since I’m leaving in the fall.
  22. Enjoy the beautiful scenery – meaning mainly walks…I don’t know if you can call it beautiful either, but still.
  23. Write a list with 6 positive things about my name – for those of you who don't know, I don't like my name but I have to realize that sadly enough it’s not going anywhere...
  24. Make another photo album – My sister did a wonderful one but I want more pictures with me.
  25. Make a midsummer crown – I used to make them when I was little. It was fun.
  26. 100 days of Bones – Making recaps with personal comments of the first 100 episodes of Bones and posting them here on my blog and on BT (possibly…We’ll see). 
  27. Sit in a tree and read – I did this in 6th grade and it was so nice to just sit there, hear the wind and read a good book. Perhaps something from nr. 10
  28. Eat fresh strawberries – I want to eat strawberries with un-whipped whip-cream.
  29. Make a medieval chemise – I don’t know why, but I love medieval clothing, like dresses and stuff… I just love it. 
  30. Make an item of clothing – Other than the medieval chemise of course.
  31. Spend one day in pajamas – Does this really need explaining xD?
For those of you who have read this list; yes, I've made a few changes to it ;)

Anyway, so the entries in this blog will be about these things as a sort of documentation from my last summer in Sweden for a while. Finally, I don't know if it will be one for each day (especially since some points will contain several sub-posts so to speak) and that this will only take 31 days (I doubt it) but I kind of liked the title.

Bye now! =)

0 Notes:

Post a Comment