Be responsible for dinner - Quornfilés with Quinoa Salad and "Sweet Chili Muddle"

Hello.
Number 8 on the list (Be responsible for dinner for a week) actually started yesterday with the said dish; Quorn-filés with Quinoa Salad and "Sweet Chili Muddle"

I found this recipe in a grocery store here and since I'm a vegetarian I thought it was a great dish to try. I'm also a big fan of UFO's (I like to call Quinoa UFO's because I think they look like the stereotypical image of the vessel. Plus, before I remembered what it was called, and I wanted to explain to my mother what I was talking about, I called them that, so now whenever I say it, she knows what I mean instantly). Originally it was supposed to be an "avocado muddle" or whatever you want to call it, but because it isn't avocado season right now, I just went ahead and changed the recipe. It's not that hard to do, really. Quorn-filés reminds me of chicken so if you have a sauce or muddle that you like with chicken, you can use that instead. It's a pretty easy dish to vary.

Quornfilés with Quinoa Salad and Avocado Muddle. (4 servings)

4 Quornfilés (It's a vegetarian substitute for chicken filés)
1 Tbsp Oil
4 portions UFO's (Quinoa)
1 bell pepper
1 packet of pea sprouts (I disregarded from this and went with original salad instead. Worked just as well)
250 g cocktail tomatoes (you can use regular tomatoes just as well)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 dl Turkish yogurt or other sour cream like yogurt (or sour cream, if you prefer)
1 Avocado (this is what I substituted for Sweet Chili Sauce)
1 lime.

How to do it: 
1. Make sure you have all the ingredients.

2. Fry whatever chicken-substitute you choose with the oil (Note that in the picture, the chicken is for my non-vegetarian sister who, for some reason, refuses to eat completely vegetarian). For the quorn-filés it's about 5 min on each side. While doing that (or while heating the frying pans), rinse the UFO's (quinoa) and boil according to what the package says.

3. Chop all the salad-components, mix them in a bowl and add salt and pepper  to taste






4. Here's where you make the avocado muddle where you open the avocado and mash it with a fork, mix it with the yogurt/sour cream and mix in some lime salt and pepper. What I did was that I mixed Sweet Chili Sauce with the yogurt in a bowl and put it in the fridge.







5. Mix the UFO's with the salad (once they UFO's are cooled down) and serve.See? Easy as that. It didn't take me long to make. The most time-consuming part was cooking the UFO's.

Well, that's it for me now... I'll be back in a little while ;)

0 Notes:

Post a Comment