Read 6 books I want to read – The Nanny Diaries

I have now managed to do a few things during these absent weeks. One of them was reading this book called The Nanny Diaries, which was really good. The following paragraph will contain spoilers if you think of reading this,
The Nanny Diaries It was about a young woman who accidentally fell in to the Nanny career while talking on the child caring of a young boy named Grayer X. The Xes are a upper class New York family who has everything and decides to hire a nanny (which is basically a person who is basically a fully functioning mother according to these people) and the main character is this person. She gets to do everything for these people who more or less remains anonymous throughout the novel (constantly being referred to as X). The main character (called Nan) doesn’t know what she’s getting herself in to and when it’s more or less too late (when the boy starts recognizing Nan as the mother figure and doesn’t care much for his original mother (which in my opinion serves her right as she neglects her son completely to get “alone time” all the time), Nan gets fired. That’s the main plot of the book, and the parents appear to be the most horrible parents in the world and only appear to want the child as an accessory. I think I’m pretty glad I have the parents I have.
This book was made in to a movie and I have to say, I can’t really compare the two.
That’s it for now. I’m going to post some recipes soon!

0 Notes:

Post a Comment